Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gone til Novemeber

For those of you who do not know, I am in somewhat of a long distance relationship. My girlfriend goes to school up North, but is from LA. Before this summer, we really did not get too see each other as often as we would have liked to. This summer though, we got spoiled. We pretty much got see each other anytime one of us would call, and it felt good to be so close, so often. We built memories and grew together this summer. From disagreements to laughing extremely hard at things that probably were not even that funny. From Erykah Badu, Lupe Fiasco and Janelle Monae Concerts to movie nights. This summer was great.

Even though we spent so much time together, it was not until September 19th at 3 am, while sitting on the front steps of her house that the connection that both of us had been looking for was made. Every moment that we have spent together can be summed up by that night. We talked about everything and came to some realizations about our relationship and about us as individuals. In short, it was one of the greatest talks that I have had so far(and I've had some pretty deep talks). 

I use to think that I would stay single forever, by choice of course. But I realize now that finding someone that you care about so much is a much better feeling than being single. It's almost been ten months now and I look forward to many more. Deonna, I love you cuh!

She's has gone back to school now and won't be back until Thanksgiving. The next time I see her, it will be our first year of being together. Until then I will continue to text every time I feel the urge to. And I will continue to think of her every time the sun shines and when the moon glows. And on rainy days I will remember the foggy night in which we made that special connection on the steps.

Even in love, the motto still flows.....

No days off......

No comments:

Post a Comment