Sunday, November 7, 2010

Old joint

Here is a poem that i wrote a while back. I'm far from a poet, just someone who enjoys expressing myself with words. Tell me what you think....


Two individuals make a couple meaning 1 plus 1 equals 1
So if I subtract you from me then I am none
Your imperfections make you perfect
And your flaws make the fights worth it
I’m not saying your looks not right,
But I could care less what you look like
Because it looks like you got your mind right
And to me that matters more than looks, right
By the way you’re beautiful
They say that young love is dumb love
And that I’m too young to know love
But see we been through a lot so I have to show love
Trust, I know love
You’ve helped me change into a better man
You changed my “no I wont” into “yes I can”
And see from the heart, I love you
I’ve set aside my boyish ways
In hopes that we will have better days
And though my past is a little worried
And the future is a little blurry
I know with you, everything will be ok
See I never been one to show emotions
But this joy you bring me, I just couldn’t hold it
And I’m not saying I’m needy,
But you complete me
And I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment